It really is OK to see a Pro-Dom (a completely biased perspective)
This is going to be a very self-serving post on my blog. But you know what, I make absolutely no apology for what I’m about to say even though I fully acknowledge my bias and interest. Why? Because I think this is a point that needs to be made.
As usual prior to a session, I chatted with a client on the phone yesterday for about an hour and he re-raised a point that I made to him in an earlier exchange. That is: it really is OK to see a pro-Dom.
First of all, there is no shame in choosing to see a pro-Dom. In fact, park the idea of shame and don’t even give it a second thought. Second, seeing a professional Dominant, such as myself, who has many years of experience and that has seen hundreds of different guys, ensures a high calibre, safe yet challenging experience. We’ve made every mistake it’s possible to make a long time ago. And third, the best of us invest in our passion way beyond that of even the keenest amateur – basically, we have a lot of gear for subs and slaves to try. In contrast to what you might be feeling as you read this, choosing to see a professional can actually be a far better decision.
The advent of instant hook up and dating apps can make anyone feel inadequate even Me (ok, well not that often, I am a Dom after all). It can look like everyone but you is getting it on tap. But trust me: while that may look like the situation, in reality so many play sessions end in last minute cancellations, excuses, mismatched expectations and generally the sense that they would’ve been better spending the money for the train ticket on a nice bottle of wine and an on demand movie. I’ve even had subs that tell me they’ve deleted their profiles on these apps in favour of good old fashioned meetings with people like me and attendance at events.
I have nothing to prove; I know I am good at what I do and can turn my devious mind to ‘inflicting pleasure’ on any client. Whereas many amateur Doms and Tops don’t live the lifestyle and are therefore still learning and finding their feet; with a true lifestyle pro-Dom, they have a coda and deep understanding of the D/s dynamic and how to make it work for both parties.
Why else people choose to see a professional Dominant
Clients also choose to see a pro-Dom for a multitude of reasons:
- Safety. Some clients feel safe knowing that a pro-Dom like me takes matters like safety, scene negotiation and aftercare very seriously indeed. Everything is cleaned to hospital levels and general standards of hygiene are very high.
- Good business. We have a vested interest in them having a good time – as we hope they’ll book again.
- No pressure. They don’t have to worry about how they look, what’s going on in the ‘real world’ or anything else. They can hand over power to us and not be concerned about the risks.
- Really no pressure. While all my subs and slaves do their best to impress me, there’s not the same pressure to ensure everyone is having a good time. Although frankly, I always do have a good time with my clients.
- We don’t judge. A pro-Dom makes no judgements as to why a person has the fantasies they have or the kinks they hold dear.
- We want you to have ‘fun’. Amateur Doms tend to be purely interested in their own needs; the needs of the sub are somewhat secondary and while this can be a very arousing fantasy, in reality if none of the sub’s boxes are ticked, they’re not going to want to play again with that Dom.
- We work hard. And because we always want to have long-term clients, we do our best to make sure that a scene meets the client’s expectations.
By the way, that’s not the same as saying that we give them everything they want. Regardless of whether a sub pays or not, they get the same treatment from Me: My rules rule. But what is different is that pro-Doms like me take pride in what they do and work hard to make it work for the client.
So my advice? Give serious consideration to seeing a pro-Dom like Me. Yes, it’s a significant amount of money, but what would you pay to have your wildest fantasies realised – if even only once?
Most guys would say, ‘in reality, an awful lot’. – Master.